Friday, February 5, 2010

Undead Much? by Stacey Jay



"Even Zombie Settlers with Super Hot Boyfriends get the Blues...

A few months ago I was a normal girl with a normal life. But that was before my power to Settle the Undead returned and someone tried to kill me with zombies.

Now I work magic and practice kicking butt while trying to find time for pom squad and my boyfriend, Ethan, and trying NOT to think about how freaky my life has become. It can be tough. Still…things could be worse…

Oh yeah, right:
1. Feral new super-strong zombies. Check.
2. Undead psychic hottie predicting a zombie apocolypse. Check.
3. Earth-shattering secrets that could land me in Settler prison for life. Check.
4. Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening the end of the half time as we know it. Check.


I’m going to need therapy (and a cookie) if I live through the week. Unfortunately I’m learning that’s not something Zombie Queens can take for granted." -from Goodreads.com

Overall: 4/5

This was exactly the kind of book I needed to read after some heavy-duty reading for class. It was light and funny and full of zombies. What more can you ask for?

But it was different form the first one, You Are So Undead to Me (in a good way, though I adored the first one). UASUtM was mostly fluff with some zombies thrown in, and I expected this one to be no different. As I'm sure you've guess by now, this was not the case. A number of things were revealed in this book that I'm still kind of in shock over. The plot has visibly thickened, and I'm loving it!

There was a lead-in to the next book in the series at the end of this one and I can't help wondering where Stacey Jay is going to take this. But I guess that's the fun part, right?

Characters: 4/5

Plot: 5/5

Writing: 4/5

Ending: 4/5

Cover: 4/5

Other books by Stacey Jay: You Are So Undead to Me, My So-Called Death

No comments:

Post a Comment