Sunday, February 14, 2010

In My Mailbox (7)

Thanks to Kristi at The Story Siren for hosting IMM every week!

While high school doesn't actually pay enough for me to buy all of the books that I read, here's what I managed to snag from the library this week:




"Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.

A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his."






"Much has changed since autumn, when Kelley Winslow learned she was Faerie royalty, fell in love with changeling guard Sonny Flannery, and saved New York City from a rampaging Faerie war band. When a terrifying encounter in Central Park sends Kelley tumbling into the Otherworld, her reunion with Sonny is joyful—but cut short. For they’ve been plunged into a game of Faerie deception and wavering allegiances in which the next move could topple a kingdom...or part them forever."









"Mally and Merry Brynn thought that with the death of David Jellico, their nightmarish visions of the future and past were gone for good. Now, Merry's only worries revolve around cheer tryouts, and Mally has slipped back into her homebody, tomboy ways.Then a cheerleader lands in the hospital. And a mysterious, beautiful mountain lion is maimed.When they begin to suspect their friend Eden was involved in both events, Merry and Mally are catapulted back into a world of visions that they do not yet understand. And this time, they must race to prevent the people they love most from unspeakable tragedy."

8 comments:

  1. Wow... I have seen a lot of great reviews on the above two... I have the series on my tbr list!!

    Enjoy your reads!!=)


    http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books! I have Captivate and Darklight on my TBR stack (but I have to read Wondrous Strange first. Hooray for libraries! I donate my YAs to my HS Media Center after I finish them so that I can share them with my students (and not fill up more bookshelves at my house). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great books this week - I've got the first 2 on my TBR list. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, Look Both Ways sounds interesting. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mailbox. Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read the first book for all of these, but what a nice week you had!!

    Any chance (if you haven't yet) you could check out this post and enter the giveaway? It would mean a TON for my family (full details there):

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/you-read-my-review-now-win.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently reading Darklight and it's awesome, better then Wondrous Strange in my opinion. The Need Series by Carrie Jones is superb. Hope your enjoying your haul :) Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to read Captive and Darklight. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete