Monday, April 19, 2010

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz



"With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.

Young, fanged, and fabulous, Melissa de la Cruz's vampires unite in this highly anticipated fourth installment of the Blue Bloods series." -Goodreads.com

Overall: 4/5

I didn't expect to like this book. If I'm being honest, I was expecting this one to be the last one I would read in this series. Don't get me wrong, I loved Blue Bloods and Masquerade, but Revelations killed it for me. I read this one as kind of a last-chance sort of thing and expected it all to go downhill.

But it didn't. Within the first fifty pages I was sucked in (no pun intended). Once again, the chase is on and this time I'm following it every step of the way. I'm not sure what else to say without giving something away, but I was happy with the amount of action in this one and especially pleased with the ending.

I will happily pick up the next in this series, which I believe comes out at some point this year (I'm too lazy to actually look it up).

Characters: 4/5
Plot: 4/5
Ending: 5/5
Cover: 4/5
Happy factor: 4/5

Other books by Melissa de la Cruz: Blue Bloods, The Au Pairs, The Ashleys

No comments:

Post a Comment