Monday, April 12, 2010

Look Both Ways by Jacquelyn Mitchard


"Mally and Merry Brynn thought that with the death of David Jellico, their nightmarish visions of the future and past were gone for good. Now, Merry's only worries revolve around cheer tryouts, and Mally has slipped back into her homebody, tomboy ways.

Then a cheerleader lands in the hospital. And a mysterious, beautiful mountain lion is maimed.


When they begin to suspect their friend Eden was involved in both events, Merry and Mally are catapulted back into a world of visions that they do not yet understand. And this time, they must race to prevent the people they love most from unspeakable tragedy." -Goodreads.com

Overall: 3/5

I was honestly surprised at the twists and turns that this book took. I've stopped reading the front flap before starting a book, so I didn't really have any expectaions set for what this one was going to be about. When the plot turned to Mally's friend Eden and a whole bunch of interesting events and mysteries surrounding her, I was unprepared for it (in a good way).

Part of me feels like this sudden plot twist seemed to come a little out of no where even though Mitchard dropped some hints in the first in the series, The Midnight Twins. I have no idea where she's going to take this story in the next one, which I guess is part of the fun.

I loved reading about the love and struggles both with Mally and Merry, mostly, I think, because they reminded me so much of how I am with my own sister. Mitchard definitely has the sibling thing down pat.

Slow at points, but an altogether cute read.

Characters: 4/5
Plot: 4/5
Ending: 3/5
Writing: 3/5
Cover: 4/5
Happy Factor: 3/5

Other books by Jacquelyn Mitchard: The Midnight Twins, No Time to Wave Goodbye, All We Know of Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment