Monday, December 7, 2009

The "_______ from Hell" Anthologies

I don't really like short stories that much. I think that, for the most part, they are just a waste of a really good idea. Forty pages is not enough of a story to make you actually care about the characters or fall in love with the love interest (which is the best part, of course :P ). It gives you just enough time to know what's going on, then ends it abruptly.

But then, anthologies written by some of my favorite authors started coming out. Namely, the ____ from Hell ones (Ex: Prom Nights from Hell, Vacations from Hell, Dates from Hell, ect.), but others too (Unbound, Immortal, Eternal Kiss, ect.). Despite my lack of interest in short stories, I've read a number of these anthologies out of loyalty to these loved authors. But I still don't like short stories much more than I did when I started.

And they just keep coming. Seriously, when will they finally stop?

Unfortunately, I will still probably read them as long as there's an author that I love taking part. Which is my own problem, so I should probably stop complaining.

Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment